Familiz respects the privacy of the personal information and data of its users and will ensure compliance by its staff to the strictest standards of security and confidentiality in respect of all personal information and data submitted by users via the Site and Familiz will not, subject to the terms herein, release such information to anyone without the prior consent of the relevant user(s) of the Site (whether registered or not) (“User(s)”).
By registering for the services or using the Site, User:
- consent to Familiz and/or Familiz’s group companies collecting, using, disclosing and/or processing User’s personal data for the purposes as described below;
- consent to Familiz and/or Familiz’s group companies disclosing Users’ personal data to Familiz’s and/or Familiz’s group companies’ third party service providers or agents (whether within or outside Singapore) for the purposes as described below.
“Familiz” means Familiz Pte Ltd, a company registered in Singapore under number 201537040C.
“Family” means user seeking to lawfully hire a family Helper.
“Helper” or “Family Helper” means user seeking lawful employment from a Family.
“Personal Data” means any personal data, details, information or materials uploaded by the Users via the Site and related to its person.
“Site” means any website, portal or mobile application owned and operated by Familiz and its affiliates or subsidiaries.
The terms “you”, “user” and “users” herein refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing and/or using the Site at any time for any reason or purpose.
Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Data
In the course of using the Site, Users may disclose or be asked to provide personal information and/or data. In order to have the benefit of and enjoy various services offered by the Site, it may be necessary for Users to provide Familiz with their personal information and/or data. Although Users are not obliged to provide the information and/or data as requested on the Site, Familiz will not be able to render certain services on the Site in the event that Users fail to do so.
Familiz’s purposes for collecting and using the information and data on the Site include but are not limited to the following:
- for the daily operation of the services provided to Users;
- to assist Helpers to find appropriate employment with Families and to assist Families to assess the suitability of candidates for employment as family helper;
- to provide Users with various services offered by the Site and newsletters, information on employment and promotional and marketing materials;
- to handle and follow up on enquiries, requests and complaints from Users;
- to contact Users regarding administrative notices and communications relevant to his/her use of the Site and to respond to Users’ inquiries or requests;
- to assist Familiz with developments for future marketing and promoting purposes or other internal purposes;
- to verify the identity of Users who have posted advertisements, materials, representations, messages, views or comments or such other information (collectively “Information”) on the Site;
- to identify Users who have viewed the Information posted on the Site;
- to allow Users to enjoy their benefits as members of the Site by enrolling for special promotions offered by Familiz and/or its affiliates and/or partner company;
- to identify Users who have enjoyed their benefits as members of the Site by receiving and using marketing promotional materials;
- to facilitate Familiz and/or its affiliates to use the Users’ personal data for the purposes relating to the provision of services offered by Familiz and marketing services and/or special event of Familiz and/or its affiliates;
- to obtain statistics about Users to analyse usage of the Site in order to help its further development; and
- for purposes other than the above mentioned which are related to Familiz’sand/or its affiliates’ provision of their product and/or services.
Familiz strives to only collect personal data which are necessary and adequate but not excessive in relation to the purposes set out hereinabove.
Users must be at least 18 years old to use the Site.
If Familiz requires the use of your personal data for a purpose other than those set out hereinabove, we will request your prescribed consent to the same.
Collection of Personal Data
Familiz may collect personal information and/or data about a User, including but not limited to his/her name, log-in ID and password, address, email address, phone number, age, gender, date of birth, religion, marital status, country of residence, nationality, education level and work experience that is/are not otherwise publicly available. Occasionally, Familiz may also collect additional personal information and/or data from a User in connection with contests, surveys, or special offers.
Only duly authorized staff of Familiz will be permitted to access Users’ personal information and data, and Familiz shall not release such personal information and data to any third parties save and except in the circumstances listed under the section headed “Disclosure or Transfer of Data” below.
Disclosure or Transfer of Data
Familiz agrees to take all practicable steps to keep all personal information and data of Users confidential and/or undisclosed, subject to the following.
Generally speaking, Familiz will only disclose and/or transfer Users’ personal information and/or data to Familiz’s personnel and staff for the purpose of providing services to Users and clients of Familiz who have made specific requests for such information and/or data with Users’ prior consent. However, Familiz may disclose and/or transfer such information and/or data to third parties under the following circumstances:
- where the information and/or data is disclosed and/or transferred to any third party suppliers or external service providers who have been duly authorised by Familiz to use such information and/or data and who will facilitate the services on the Site, under a duty of confidentiality;
- where the information and/or data is disclosed and/or transferred to any agents, affiliates or associates of Familiz who have been duly authorised by Familiz to use such information and/or data;
- where Familiz needs to protect and defend its rights and property;
- where Familiz considers necessary to do so in order to comply with the applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation compliance with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the Site;
- where Familiz deems necessary in order to deliver the products and services that we offer and cultivate a positive user experience; and/or
- where Familiz deems necessary in order to maintain and/or improve the services on the Site.
Personal data collected via the Site may be transferred, stored and processed in any country in which Familiz or its affiliates operate. By using the Site, Users are deemed to have agreed to, consented to and authorised Familiz to disclose and/or transfer their personal information and data under the circumstances stated above, as well as to any transfer of information (including the Information) outside of the Users’ country.
Subscription to Newsletter, Promotional and Marketing Materials
Familiz and its affiliates may from time to time send to members and Users of the Site newsletters, information on employment, and marketing materials based on the personal information and data that they have provided to Familiz. Familiz may use Users’ data in direct marketing and Familiz requires the Users’ consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, please note that:
- the name, log-in ID, contact details, age, gender, date of birth, religion, marital status, country of residence, nationality, education level and work experience of Users held by Familiz from time to time may be used by Familiz and/or its authorised personnel or staff in direct marketing;
- the following classes of services, products and subjects may be advertised or marketed:
- donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profit making purposes;
- employment services offered other than by Familiz;
- various courses and education programs for Helpers;
- special events hosted by Familiz and its affiliates for members and Users, including but not limited to courses and workshops;
- reward, loyalty or privilege programs and related products and services;
- special offers including coupons, discounts, group purchase offers and promotional campaigns;
- products and services offered by Familiz’s affiliates and third-party advertisers (the names of such affiliates and advertisers can be found in the application form(s) for the relevant products and services, as the case may be);
- the above products, services and subjects may be provided or (in the case of donations and contributions) solicited by Familiz and/or;
- Familiz’s affiliates;
- third-party service providers providing the products, services and subjects listed in paragraph (b) above; and
- charitable or non-profit making organizations;
- in addition to marketing the above services, products, and subject itself, Familiz also intends to provide the data described in paragraph (a) above to all or any of the persons described in paragraph (c) above for use by them in marketing those services, products and subjects, and Familiz requires the Users’ written consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose; and
- Familiz may receive money or other property in return for providing the data to the other persons in paragraph (d) above and, when requesting the Users’ written consent as described in paragraph (d) above, Familiz will inform Users if Familiz receives any money or other property in return for providing the data to other persons.
In this regard, Users may choose to sign up or unsubscribe for such materials by logging into the registration or Users’ account maintenance webpage, or clicking on the automatic link appearing in each newsletter/message, or contact Familiz whose contact details are set out under the section headed “Enquiries” below.
Access to or request for correction of data
Any User is entitled to request access to or make amendments to his/her own personal information and data kept with Familiz by contacting Familiz whose contact details are set out under the section headed “Enquiries”. Subject to the paragraph below, User may alternatively edit, amend or delete his/her personal information and data at any time by logging into their account section of the Site.
In the event that a User wishes to access or amend his/her personal information and data, Familiz may request him/her to provide personal details in order to verify his/her identity. Identity card number or passport number cannot be amended unless such data is proved to be inaccurate. Familiz is required to respond to a User’s request within 30 days of his/her request and will endeavour to do so wherever possible, but Familiz reserves the rights to charge the User a reasonable fee for doing so.
Cookies and Log Files
Familiz does not collect any personally identifiable information from any Users whilst they visit and browse the Site. When Users access the Site, Familiz records their visits only and does not collect their personal information or data. The Site’s server software will also record the domain name, server, address and track the pages Users visit and store such information in “cookies”, and gather and store information such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data in log files. All these are done without the Users being aware that they are occurring.
Users can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but Users can modify their individual browser settings to decline cookies if they prefer. However, Users should note that disabling cookies on their browser may prevent them from taking full advantage of the Site.
Familiz does not link the information and data automatically collected in the above manner to any personally identifiable information. Familiz generally uses such automatically collected information and data to estimate the audience size of the Site, gauge the popularity of various parts of the Site, track Users’ movements and number of entries in Familiz’s promotional activities and special events, measure Users’ traffic patterns and administer the Site. Such automatically collected information and data will not be disclosed save and except in accordance with the section headed “Disclosure or Transfer of Data” above.
In addition, our third party advertising companies may place cookies on some of the pages Users visit on the Site. These cookies are designed to collect non-personally identifiable information in order to analyse Users’ interests and searches on our Site to help deliver more relevant advertisements when Users visit our Site and other websites. The non-personally identifiable information collected by these cookies may be shared with other third parties for purpose of managing and targeting advertisements and for market research analysis.
Links to Other Websites
The Site may provide links to other websites which are not owned or controlled by Familiz or its affiliates. Personal information and data from Users may be collected on these other websites when Users visit such websites and make use of the services provided therein. Where and when Users decide to click on any advertisement or hyperlink on the Site which grants Users access to another website, the protection of Users’ personal information and data which are deemed to be private and confidential may be exposed in these other websites.
Familiz may post Users’ testimonials on the Site, which may contain personally identifiable information such as the Users’ names. Familiz does obtain the Users’ consent prior to posting the testimonials to post their names along with their testimonials.
The security of Users’ personal information and data is important to Familiz. Familiz will always strive to ensure that Users’ personal information and data will be protected against unauthorised access. Familiz has implemented appropriate electronic and managerial measures in order to safeguard, protect and secure Users’ personal information and data.
Familiz uses a third party service provider to facilitate the electronic payment transactions on the Site.
Familiz follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information and data submitted by Users to the Site, both during transmission and once Familiz receives it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while Familiz strives to protect Users’ personal information and data against unauthorised access, Familiz cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Retention of Personal Data